|你的位置:知识库首页-> 新概念英语 |
【170】有「头」的惯用语 - 英语讲义
(1) Above one's head:不能理解“Can you simplify the technicalities of laser printing which are still above my head?
(2) Go off one's head:发疯“If you expect all your staff to work overtime during a festive season, you must be off your head.”
(3) Come to a head: 达到摊牌阶段“The couple cannot get along well. If things come to a head, they may be forced to get divorced.
(4) From head to toe: 从头到脚“Mike must have played in the rain, as he was covered with mud from head to toe.
(5) Have a head for figures: 数学好“I don't think I can help you with the accounts; I have never had a head for figures.”
(6) Have a head start: 起步比人快“As a bilingual, Jason has a head start on other competitors.”
(7) Have one's head in the clouds与实际情况脱节“Although Susan is idealistic at times,she has not got her head in the clouds.
(8)Have one's head screwed on the right way必须理智和清醒“Since he has his head screwed on the right way, he is likely to succeed in the new business.”
(9)Head over heels: 完全地；彻底地
Bob came across Lily on an overseas trip and fell head over heels in love with her.
(10) Keep a cool head:保持冷静“No matter what you do, it won't be wrong for you to keep a cool head.”
(11) Keep one's head above water 避免负债.
“In any business, if you can keep your head above water in the first one to two years, you will make money afterwards.”
(12) Lose one's head失去控制“Seeing his friend falling into the river, Irene lost her head and shouted for help.”
(13) Make no head or tail of.....:对……不知所云“The speaker talked so fast that many could make no head or tail of his lecture.”
(14) Put...into someone's head: 向……提供意见 “Nancy has been thinking of working in an underdeveloped foreign country. I don't know who has put such an odd idea into her head.”
(15) Use One's head: 动动脑筋:“Don't keep asking people to help solve problems for you！ Use your head, please！”
(16) Put our/ your /their heads together: 大家一起商量“In the face of such a problem, let us put our heads together to find a good way out.”
(17)Head and shoulders above... 胜过……“This book by Jason is head and shoulders above many other books on the same subject.”
(18)Hit the nail on the head: 做得恰到好处；说得对极了“The other day, you said that there would be an increase in social issues; you really hit the nail on the head！