|你的位置:知识库首页-> 新概念英语 |
【161】UP的用途 - 英语讲义
(1) The monkey climbed up the tree.
(2) Two boys helped the old man up.
(3) I can't hear you. Can you please speak up?
(4) The dog-trainer led the dogs up the street.
(5) We would like to go up to town.
(6) This train is running up north.
(7) They have driven all the way up to the capital of Malaysia.
(8)The hungry dog ate up all the leftover food.
(9)The library staff piled up the books in good order.
Button up, clear up, dry up, mix up, tie up, wrap up, pack up, tidy up, use up等。
(10) The road to the school was blocked (up) for some time because of the flood.
(11) Please fill (up) this form and then give it to me.
(10) 和 (11) 里的“up”可用可不用，意思都一样只是加上了“up”感到稳健些。
close up, divide up, hurry up, polish up, check up, follow up, finish up, seal up等。
(12) Something surprising has turned up.
(13) The train picked up speed after a while.
(14) Where did you pick up that habit?
(15) Please speed up if you don't want to lag behind.
bring up（抚养长大）, brush up（复习）, crop up（突然出现）, ring up（打电话）, give up（放弃）, look up（查阅）, let up（中止）等。
(16) Time is up.（时间到了）
(17) This matter is up to you; I wouldn't mind（由你决定）.
(18) What are you up to?（搞什么鬼？）
(19) I am up to my ears in work.（忙得不可开交）
(20) Your mother has been looking for you up and down.（四处寻找）
(21) Many older people have experienced the ups and downs of life.（盛衰变化）