|你的位置:知识库首页-> 新概念英语 |
【145】句子的转换 - 英语讲义
(1) Nancy is not so great as lrene.
(2) Irene is greater than Nancy.
(3) Mr Lin gave the good student a prize.
(4) The good student was given a prize by Mr Lin.
(5) a. The customer examined the jewels very carefully.
b. The customer examined the jewels with great care.
(6) a. She tried to sing her song in an interesting way.
b. She tried to sing her song interestingly.
（Simple Sentence → Compound Sentence）
(1) I must work very hard to achieve something. → I must work very hard and then achieve something.
(2) In spite of illness, Jason came to office as usual. → Jason was ill but he came to office as usual.
（Simple Sentence → Complex Sentence）.
(3) The accused man confessed his guilt. → The accused man confessed that he was guilty.
(4) Walking along the road, Tony ran into an old friend. → While Tony was walking along the road, he ran into an old friend.
(5) Do you know the gentleman with a long hair? → Do you know the gentleman who has a long hair?
(6) In case of an emergency, ring the bell on the door. → If there is an emergency, ring the bell on the door.
（Complex Sentence → Simple Sentence)
(7) We visited a hut where a hermit lived. → We visited a hermit's hut.
(8) Jim was so surprised that he could not utter a word. → Jim was too sunprised to utter a word.
（Compound Sentence → Complex Sentence)
(9) The dogs were wounded but they went on fighting. → Although the dogs were wounded, they went on fighting.
(10) The couple went to Johor Baru and the maid looked after their residence. → When the couple went to Johor Baru, the maid looked after their residence.