|你的位置:知识库首页-> 新概念英语 |
【134】三项式排比句 - 英语讲义
“In maintaining our accomplishments, we must instil in our young generation the importance of political stability, racial harmony, resilience in mind and spirit.”
(1) The conceit, complacency, and ignorance of some people are beyond belief.
(2) The investigator reached the gate, hesitated and rang the bell.
(3) We expected friends to have warmth, friendship, humanity.
(4) She was talkative, vivacious and boastful.
(5) The driver walked near the car, inspecting, criticising, musing deeply.
(6) The police started to search, investigate and interrogate.
(7) Studies serve for delight, for ornament and for ability.
(8) Anne is a person of poor understanding, little information, and uncertain temperament.
(9) Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested.
(10) The research shows that translation problems are primarily language problems, that the translator must have a good command of both languages, and that a translator weak in any language must upgrade it.
(11) Thinking logically, speaking eloquently and writing explicitly are important elements of good communication.
(12) From my observation, many people today spend their time receiving more and more education, working more and more hours, and making more and more money.
最后，回到文前的引句，如果能把“resilience in mind and spirit”稍作调整，使形式更接近前两者：“political stability, racial harmony”，情况会更好，如：
“...political stability, racial harmony, mental resilience, and spiritual equilibrium.”