|你的位置:知识库首页-> 新概念英语 |
【49】条件句和让步句如何表达 - 英语讲义
① If you go out in the rain, you will get wet.
② Unless a person tries hard, he won't succeed.
③ In case I forget about the meeting, please remind me.
④ He will be allowed to do it on condition that he abides by all the rules and regulations.
⑤ Should it rain tomorrow/ If it should rain tomorrow, I shall not go out.
⑥ Had you worked harder/ If you had worked harder, you would have made it.
㈡由复合介词“in case of/ in the event of”引导的条件副词词组表达，如：
⑦ In case of fire, call the fire brigade.
⑧ In the event of an emergency, call up the police.
⑨ Supposing (that) the matter was true, what would you say ?
⑩ I will lend you my car provided (that) you take good care of it.
㈣由“but for/ but that”引荐的词组或分句表达，如：
● But for your timely help, we would have been in hot water.
● But that Tom is sick, he would be here today.
● Work hard and you will succeed.
● Although he is rich, he is not happy.
● Though Jim is learned, he lacks experience.
● However hard you may try, you will not get the job.
● We will have to finish the job, however long it takes.
⑶ 由代名词“whatever/ whoever”等表达，如：
● Some students refused to work whatever the teacher might say.
● She won't care whoever he is.
⑷由介词“despite”或复合介词“in spite of”引荐的让步副词词组表达，如：
● Despite being tired, some students went on studying until late at night.
● In spite of illness, David came to work.
⑸通过“no matter how/ no matter what”所构成的分句表达，如：
● No matter how cold it is, Helen always goes swimming.
● No matter what they did, their boss was not pleased.