|你的位置:知识库首页-> 新概念英语 |
【5】定冠词的常见用法 - 英语讲义
在《定冠词省不得》一文里，谈到了 5 个必须用定冠词的例子。
定冠词也出现在其他 11 种情况中，非同时注意不可。
● The ox is a useful animal for farmers.
● This type of work is easier for the teacher than for the student.
但当涉及 man 和 woman 这两个名词时，一般上不必用 the ：
● Man is mortal.
● Woman differs from man in many ways.
● Don't play the fool.
● Peter is fond of the bottle.
● Mr Li is somewhere in the 30s.
● She was not yet born in the 50s.
● Some factory workers are paid by the hour.
● This car usually does 15 kilometres to the litre.
● The teacher explained the idea again, but his students were none the wiser.
● Your mind will function all the better if you have some time away from your work.
⑹用在“the more/better...the more/better...”结构里，如：
● The more we practise, the more we improve.
● The better the staff, the better the performance.
● The piano sounds better than the organ.
● Do you often go to the cinema?
● Tom went to the Lido last week.
● The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
● The Browns will visit us tonight.
● We know the ins and outs of the matter.
● Compare the pros and cons before you make your decision.